The other side looks like this completed after I stitched it onto the reverse side: The reason why this Pillow Top is so special to me is because my grandmother started it over 60 years ago. She tacked all the color you see on to a muslin square...she then embroidered all the black stitches you see. I found it ten years ago in her possessions and asked her if I could take it and finish it. I purposefully wanted to use embroidery thread colors different than black so that I'd always remember where she stitched. I recently completed this after picking it up and laying it back down the past five years. I love it...here is a close up of the stitches:
Now for my Blue Monday Auction offer...I've recently decided to begin an Auction opportunity to my readers. Today...I'm sharing the following Blue/White favorites from my collection and am auctioning them off.
Items being auctioned:
Two exclusive dish designs that remind you of a Fitz & Floyd look. I have a matching pair of bowls that are a very nice size...each one is glazed so it can be used for food...and a little bunny is on the front of each bowl. (Two of these - 5 inches circular wide at top)
Then, the third piece to the collection is a 12" end to end, with 8" x 4" basket like tray with a bunny on each end. I've used this for serving bread, veggies, potato salad...anything you need to serve looks tremendous in this!
How the Auction will work:
1. I'm starting the auction of all three pieces at only $15.
2. If you decide you'd like to place a bid to purchase these, just leave a comment with your bid amount and your email address on this post.
3. If you are the highest bidder, I will send the payment arrangements to you personally by email. (Shipping and Ins/Handling charges will be applied to the total fee)
4. If for some reason the highest bidder does not end up sending payment, the next highest bidder will be notified to see if you're still interested in the items.
5. This Auction is only open to USA residents due to high cost of shipping out of states, my apologies.
NOTE: If this auction is fun and well received, I plan on doing this frequently.
Happy Monday to everyone~