Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Papillote" French Eatery in Savannah GA made my weekend Get Away a totally French Experience!

Welcome to another Fab Foodie Friday with Michael at "Designs by Gollum"!

I just returned from a fabulous trip to Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA this past Monday.

While in Savannah, I came across this divine newly opened of 5mos French Eatery called "Papillote". While there I enjoyed one of the Chef's fabulous French pastries called "Coffee Macaroon! It melted away into my mouth and I still remember the experience, yummy and delicious! :)

This is what I purchased in the "Papillote" to bring some of the French experience back home. A luscious tea that I tried for the first time today! It's "tea-heavenly"! ;) And, I asked the owner if they ship, and they do! Oui!

Then, of course, I needed something French to munch on as well, so my Beloved Hubby bought me a Quimper Tin (Yes Debbie, Quimper Tin! :) full of French Bretagne Biscuits (cookies) by "Ker Cadelac". Both are products of France. Ahhhh....Sighhhhh....a totally French experience that I brought back home!
Be sure to check out the Papillote if you are in the Savannah, GA area! Here is the information for their location below. They have their own Website and the owners are totally fantastic! Be sure to read their credentials and bios under ABOUT US - they will be around for a very long time I believe! We were totally excited to have found this gem of a French Experience and plan to revisit when in Savannah the next time!
For those of you that have never gone to Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA - It's a MUST! I love each city in a unique way! While in Savannah, we stayed at The Catherine Ward House Inn., a B&B. It was a lovely experience and the owner Leslie was very hospitable to us! So...not only did we have a great FOODIE experience at Papillote, we also had a fabulous time of relaxation at a lovely Retreat Getaway! Click here to check out the B&B!

Hope you all are having a really great and fun Summer!
Don't forget to drop by "Designs by Gollum" to visit all the other Fabulous Foodie Friday shares on 8/21! :)
~Au Revoir
~CC Catherine

26 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I am so jealous. I have never been to SC anywhere, but I would LOVE to. I know Debbie will be jealous of the cookie tin. It is just wonderful. I am so glad you had a great time. Hugs, Marty

Karen said...

YAY! I'm the first to tell you how much I miss you!!!!
Tickled that you guys had a great trip!
MANY, MANY HUGS!
Karen

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh how fun, CC! I love Savannah!! And you know I have Quimper envy! I actually have a little collection of cookie tins from Brittany, but none from Quimper! I will have to check out their web site! The sleepover sounds like fun! I haven't done that in years...but, it's my birthday and my family is taking me out! You all have fun. I'll be thinking about you! We do need to get together soon. I'll even do Starbuck's if that's OK with you. You are the busy gal, so you can pretty much tell me when! Have a wonderful rest of the week!...hugs...Debbie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Miss you too CC!
Dan and I were in Charleston this summer and it was amazing! We ran out of time for Savannah, maybe next time and maybe a visit to the Atlanta area too! Sound like a fabulous trip so romantic! Hugs, Cindy

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I have been to Savannah but didn't know about this wonderful French restaurant - would definitely LOVE to eat there! What a lovely Quimper tin you got and those cookies are oustanding! Thanks for sharing!! Linda

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

This is totally my kind of place. If I ever get to Savanah it will be the first place I go! Thanks,by the way for stopping by. I too have not had much time to visit or even write much. Hope you have a great week.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Oops, I guess I spelled Savannah incorrectly in my last comment.

The French Bear said...

Wow, you sure had a lovely trip!!! How nice for you, it must have been fantastic!!!! This summer went by so fast, I can't believe it's nearly over! I am still trying to catch up from Spring! Looks like you had a busy one too, I look forward to catching up on all the fun stuff you did!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

susan said...

I have not been to Savannah in many years but remember a lot of good places to eat. I would love to go back and will remember your advice--thankss!

Julie said...

Hi I live just across the bridge from Charleston, In Mount Pleasant... It is a wonderful place to visit, and an even better place to live! So glad you had a good time while you where here...

Shirley said...

I love Savannah! Next time I visit, I'll be sure to go to Papillote.

Elaine said...

Charleston and Savannah are two of my absolute favorite cities! I'm of course not surprised that you had such a lovely time.....what a great find....we'll have to try Papillote next time we're there!
Elaine :)

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

This post brings back memories of a wedding I helped a friend cater for her sister. The wedding was in Savannah, GA in the middle of August. I'm don't sweat much, but I think I was pretty much soaked during my entire 3-day stay. Man that place is hot!

xinex said...

Glad you had a great trip, I haven't been to Savannah but love to go someday soon. The Quimper tin is lovely and the choc. macaroons sound very tempting....Christine

Maggie said...

Hi Catherine,
I love all things Quimper and so enjoyed your post about Savannah, I go back there as often as I can. Maybe Debbie told you that the Quimper Club will be holding it's annual meeting in Savannah in 2010?
a bientot
Maggie

Shellbelle said...

Lovely post, I'm going to Savannah in the Fall and will definitely check out Papillote and the B & B. I bookmarked their site.

If you stop by for my FF post, check out my post from Wednesday also. I posted about our local B & B here in the Tampa Bay area in the lovely town of Dunedin. If you're ever down this way, you may just want to stay at the Meranova.

The Fajdich Times said...

Looks like a great time. I bet the French tea and biscuits are wonderul. How fun:)

Mary Bergfeld said...

Thanks so much for your recommendations for accommodations and restaurants. I love the souvenirs you brought back with you. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Karen said...

SOME DAY I will make it back again. But not to play hockey in Alpharetta. To visit and explore and absorb the mysteries of history there. Oh1 I can't wait!!
Miss you girl!. We'll be home Sunday! I'm ready!

Barbara said...

CC, I have been to Savannah and I missed Papillote's. I am so sorry I did.
So glad it was wonderful for you, maybe next time.

Barbara

Lois Christensen said...

We've been to Savannah once and it was so beautiful. I loved it! Sounds like you had a great time! Enjoy your weekend!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a sweet thing for your husband to do. I know Debbie is going to drool over your cookie tin. Glad you had a fun time..
hugs ~lynne~

The Raggedy Girl said...

Catherine:

What fun and I love the look of the French eatery. I am glad you had such a great trip. I am finally at a place where I can get back to blogging and hope that I never have to back off again as I missed everyone so much.

The Raggedy Girl

xinex said...

This sounds like the place to visit. I am glad you had a great time!...Christine

Joyce said...

Travel into Savannah and Charleston all the time. Just love it there. Sue and I missed you at the cooking class. We had so much fun but I guess you were having fun in the sun on the coast which is a good thing:)
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention about The Catherine Ward House Inn! We always appreciate some good word of mouth. - Leslie and staff.