Friday, January 15, 2010

A Cheetah Share & Wow was it at a savings...plus an Heirloom Gift

I'm excited to join Cindy at My Romantic Home for her Show & Tell Friday today. If you love animal print and heirlooms, you'll enjoy my recent adds to my Master Suite and a gift that I put together for my mom and sisters. Please stop by Cindy's to enjoy all the other Show & Tell items today.
I couldn't resist sharing my After Christmas special that I found at a local Antique store, one of my favorites, "A Flea Antique" located in Braselton, GA. The chairs and table in this post were purchased there recently for a "steal of a deal". The framed heirloom butterfly doily is something I framed for my Mom and sisters recently. The doilies were made by my Grandmother over 40 years ago...and they were all butterflies. They each love them and I used different color mats for each person to match their decor. My mom wanted hers on this black velvet!
Here's the table close up...the top had been distressed with a black paint...totally what I needed in this spot of my master bedroom.

A close up of the pair of Italian chairs - wood frames made in Italy and the upholstery work was done in USA per the label on the bottom of the chairs.

Some details on the wood here...


And there...

This table drops down and doesn't have to be in the open position constantly. I love it... The table was under $50 and the chairs were purchased as a pair for under $60 - Yes, you heard me right~ It was a huge blessing and find to add to our room!

The centerpiece is one I purchased at a favorite local consignment shop called "Emma's Attic" in Flowery Branch, GA. A huge savings ~ only $10 and still had the price tag on the inside of a flower for $129. The doily (handmade) was just purchased there yesterday for $1.50.

Here's the entire view as I sit from my bed~ I have a hint of Cheetah here and there in my room...and this brought it all together even better! The entire corner makeover was realized at a total of $121.50! My kinda makeover~ :)

`Merci for stopping by today~Have a blessed day!
~CC Catherine

18 comments:

Deb said...

cool makeover for a great price...

American Homemaker said...

What a fun makeover :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The butterfly doillies framed are just fantastic. What a precious gift to your mom and sisters. Your table and chairs are all stunning and such a wonderful find. I love them. Hugs, Marty

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I'm a sucker for quick and cheap makeovers.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

The butterfly dollies are so beautiful CC, just a lovely gift! The table and chairs were a great deal, don't you just love that! It was so nice to hear from you, we are just trying to survive the winter and looking forward to spring. Hugs,Cindy

Desiree said...

I love the corner! Those chairs are fabulous. Great finds!

Candy said...

I do love a bit of wild animal print in a room. And these are two very nice pieces.
And sweet framed butterflies for you family, I know they were a hit.
Thanks for coming by and I hope you put your name in the hat for a tea cup pin cushion over at Sherry's place.
Evening Blessings ;-)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi CC! I love your table and chairs...what a steal! I love the fact that the table top drops down! I scrolled down to get caught up...a very sweet tribute to Barney on your last post. I hope you are having a wonderful day!...hugs...Debbie
PS Thursday was sooo much fun! Who knew that a GW grand opening could attract such a crowd! lol I went back to Emma's and got that rooster lamp!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

What a sweet corner you created and a steal on those chairs. Lucky girl or should I say smart shopper? I can't believe that I was not on your followers list often as I stop by. I am now.

xinex said...

What a steal on the furniture, CC, and very lovely too, perfect for that corner. The butterfly crochet is very pretty and even prettier framed....Christine

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I love those chairs - really classy looking! You got a steal! Linda

Bernideen said...

It's looking very cute here!

claudie said...

Can't wait to see it CC MARCH????????
I thought I had been here. I know I looked at your pretty corner...must have had to let the dogs out lol
Coming by to say hello, and I miss you.
I really really hope you can come to my party at Mrs. Magpie's home. If not could you meet Julie and I in Savannah? Teresa, who also lives in GA. will be meeting us. We are planning to be there on our 3rd night on the road. So I would say March 16th.
Let me know when we can talk over the phone.
I love you CC
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxo
P.S. When you have time, come see my whole house. Just posted late last night...long one get ready. Check out the "Calendar Girl" one too. The comments are sooo funny.
Hey are you watching the "Bachelor?". I post on my JAKE page every Monday night...HOT HOT HOT
xo

Barbara said...

I love the chairs....the table is good also, but I love the chairs.

The butterfly doiles are beautiful.

Barbara

Anonymous said...

great job.and what fab prices.you did great...anniepoo

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

CC~ the only thing that tops a great find is the Grrreat reveal.
I've always wanted a folding pedestal table. They're so handy and easy to store, can't ask for more than that.

Thanks for strolling by. Your company is always appreciated.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Adore the cheetah chairs....YUM!

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Lady Katherine said...

I just love the chairs and table! Doilies are always welcome here! lol
Do a tea on the table and come join me for Tea on my blog, Tea Time Tuesday. Or use one of the wonderful ones you done! I love Cate, wow she has really grown! She looks so darling!