Thursday, January 14, 2010

In Tribute of Barney from a 2009 Post of The Nostalgic Tablescape!

This photo featured today was snapped during the afternoon Tea Party of Elouise and Barney's hands. Their hands were clasped like this on the table the entire time of my visit! How sweet this will always be to me, and now to Elouise and her family. I had just visited them the Saturday before Christmas a few weeks back and shared this framed print for their enjoyment. Little did I know it would become a precious heirloom and become such an impact to them and their family this week.
There are some things one never forgets, and for me...that will be the day of Feb 25th, 2009 when I visited a precious couple by the name of Elouise & Barney. They had recently celebrated 67 years of marriage prior to the time I visited them.
Elouise is an avid Writer friend of mine. During an earlier phone call we had in 2009, Elouise told me that she had both a son and husband that suffered with Alzheimer's. We chatted and prayed together that day. She for my son and a situation he was going through, and me for her son and husband for what was a daily ongoing situation for them and their loved ones.
While on that call with Elouise, I couldn't help but be inspired to plan that day to take a tea party to Elouise and the husband I'd always heard her speak so lovingly about. So on this date in February, the actual event unfolded and I spent the most lovely afternoon in my life watching the truest of all love stories.
Even though Barney suffered with Alzheimer's, he still was able to recall many pockets of earlier days with Elouise and how they'd met, what he'd both thought of and still thought of her. One thing for sure, he still felt she was the prettiest gal he'd ever set his eyes on.
This week, not only did my precious friend Elouise's husband Barney lose his fight to Alzheimer's, but so did her son Richard. Richard died on Monday, 1/11, and then on Tuesday evening the following day, Barney died. One certainly does wonder how Elouise and her family will ever get through this tremendous loss? But, I learned after meeting her family last night at Richard's viewing; the family is made out of the same character cloth their Mama is made out of. Both their Faith and Trust is firmly placed in the Lord.
If you didn't get to read my original post on Elouise and Barney's Tablescape Tea party, please do so now by clicking here. I post today in memory of Barney, and also in honor of their son, Richard.
I love you Sweet Precious friend Elouise!
To visit all other Tablescapes, please visit my friend Susan at "Between Naps On The Porch".

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

What a beautiful touching story. Thank you for sharing this wonderful love story.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh CC, what a precious and sorrowful post. My thoughts and prayers are with them and all their family. Hugs, Marty

claudie said...

I remember Barney from your post. How could one forget?
What a life they shared. Only wonderful memories.
You were a little shining star in their lives when you captured their love story. It will live on in our hearts.
Sending you precious hugs my dear friend.
Love You
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxoxo

Susan said...

This is one of the most loving and wonderful posts I have ever read. Elouise and barney have a cherished friend in you and it shows through your kind, thoughtful and loving words. I will never forget your story. Thank you.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Sixty seven years...wow! The photo of their hands entwinded says it all. Thank you for sharing this story of love and inspiration!

9405018--Pat said...

My thoughts and prayers are with them all what a fabulous love story..Pat H

Gone said...

Oh...I remember reading about the TEA PARTY you took to them. It's so sad...a son, a husband...gone in the blink of an eye. I'm glad she has family...and they trust in GOD.

~Blessings Dear...
Jan

Kathy said...

What a precious picture, Catherine. This sweet couple reminds me of my own parents, married 62 years and still acting like newlyweds. The poor lady has a lot to bear, losing her husband and son within 24 hours of each other. Bless her heart. i am praying for her.
xoxo...Kathy