Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Cinderella Tablescape to kick off the New Year of 2010! :)



It is "SOOOOO" great to be participating again in Tablescape Thursday today~ Thanks to Susan, my dear friend from "Between Naps On The Porch" for hosting this weekly gathering! Be sure once you visit me that you step on over to Susan's to see all the other lovely tablescapes and ideas.
Today I'm sharing another tablescape from the "Beautiful Event" held back in December of '09 where over 100 women were in attendance at my church. One of the focuses and fun events of the evening yearly are volunteer hostesses who each design and pull together a fantastic tablescape to share with the guests at their tables. They have full access to decorate in any manner and artistic style they desire. This tablescape theme reminds me of a "Cinderella Dream World". Come with me to see all the details of not only the table, but even the chairs. I'll begin with the chair below.


This hostess used two tone satin in the shades of the color palette that were used on her tablescape. You'll also notice she adds a flower on the one side that will tie in to the bouquet she designed and used on the table.












One of my favorite place card holders and cards were on this table. Each person had a personalized name card with a scripture of encouragement and adornment on it. The holder itself elevated the card up high so that the guest could see it easily when they sat at their place of seating. At the end of the evening they were able to take the card home with them.













A Close up of the porcelain doll used as the focal part of the centerpiece. This was moved during the sit down dinner, and the floral centerpiece remained. The thing I loved about her using this doll in a large event like this was that it drew the attention of people to step over to make sure they seen how she incorporated the doll into the scheme...but then she was able to remove it when the guests needed to have a more practical purpose to see each other during the dinner.


This table did not win the "Most Beautiful Tablescape" award, but I'm sure it was a close tie. It was really gorgeous!








Some unique shots of the details...












And one final thought from the Song of Solomon using Lois's hostess place card.


I hope you enjoyed this "Beautiful" tablescape from a friend of mine!


Happy New Year!
~CC Catherine

19 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

CC, this is just a stunning tablescape, and so ingenius. I would never have thought to use the doll, but it is just perfect. The placecards are wonderful and so full of encouragement. Every detail is done to perfection. So glad to see you here again and I am so sorry to hear about your friends. I will definitely keep them in prayer. God Bless. Hugs, Marty

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Catherine, Thank you for sharing all the beauty and creativity at your New Year Event. I too, love the placecard- it was elegantly done. What hauntingly beautiful colors. So soft- like a whisper. I love the fabulous porcelain doll. Oh my- what a treasure. I never thought of using something like that in a centerpiece. It really works well, doesn't it.
I'm sure you all had a lovely time- the setting is so inviting.

Great job on TT. Hope to see much more from you!
Yvonne

Jeanette said...

So lovely! What a romantic table to start the year off.

The French Bear said...

Gorgeous tablescape!!!! Love the way it all tied together, and especially the song of Solomon!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Decor To Adore said...

What a way to start the new year~it would be such a special treat to sit at your table.
I bet Cinderella had a ball! :)

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Wow!! What a magical table. The centerpiece is "gorgeous"!! I especially love the beautiful china and place cards and holders. If she didn't take first place she certainly should have. Thanks for sharing your friends table..
hugs ~lynne~

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just beautiful girl...I so remember our ladies Christmas dinner at church and some of the tables were out standing....I would go early just to walk around with my camera and take pictures of them...Many Blessings to you this coming year my friend....hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

CC, this is a stunning table. And those chairs are absolutely gorgeous! Love the idea of scripture on the place cards. Hope you have a wonderful 2010! laurie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

What a unique and lovely table! Hope all is well with you my dear, so glad to see your post! Hugs, Cindy

claudie said...

You are the Cinderella for all that you do, and all that you are my dear friend.
Your friends table is very very pretty. Yours was even prettier.
I think you'll have a TT for a few months to come with all those gorgeous table settings lol
Hope all is well and happy TT
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxo
My post this evening is about COCO CHANEL

Deb said...

what a beautiful table..it should have won...

Kathy said...

What a sweet table, Catherine. Love the chair covers and those place cards are gorgeous.

Have a beautiful weekend.
xoxo...Kathy

Unknown said...

Stunning! This is such a pretty table! Great job!

~Liz

Marigene said...

What a dazzling table! There are so many beautiful little details, like the flower on the chairs...and Cinderella's jewels and gown...

Wanda Lee said...

This is utterly charming,oh-so-delightful and whimsical!~ I adore this innovative tablescape with that precious and elegant doll cenerpeice!.., The colours are soft and ethereal!~ May God bless and keep your dear friends!

Cheers from Wanda Lee, a.k.a./Silken Purse @ The Plumed Pen

Lady Katherine said...

CC This is so lovley! I just want to sit! I place cards holders. I would love to have some. This is wonderful, Thank You for stopping by and checking on me. I'm still recovering, and keep getting hurt and pulling my surgery loose. But I am mending slowly. I am Thankful for that. Stay around and email me. For I do not get to visit much. Too hard to sit at the computer. lol

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How sweet and creative. Thanks for sharing.

xinex said...

This tablescape is adorable. Every little deatil is so charming....Christine

Miss Janice said...

Love this "Cinderella" tablescape. Love the doll and the place cards with the quote...lovely idea! Happy New Year to you and all the best to you and your family.