Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Friends, The Outdoors, French Influence, and Chandies...What More Can A Gal Want...

Each Christmas Holiday, my sister and I sing as entertainment in one of the homes selected to be on the Holiday Open House Tour. Afterwards, we get to enjoy taking the tour ourselves when the next shift of entertainment arrives. Enjoy just a couple great things I found both on the tour and in an antique store close by.
As you'll notice on the pic above that I took from within the house, Santa was out in the backyard napping. :)
This chandelier was breathtaking and of course, I couldn't resist taking an upshot!
This outdoor pic above was taken during the tour, and believe me, it was chilly here in GA the first Saturday in December.

The pic above is a Chandie in one of the antique shops in Norcross, GA where the tour was held. The cool French infused lamp shade below and the adorable emerald green feather wreath also are featured in the shop.

This was one of my favorite French signs in one of the kitchens on the tour.

And last, but certainly not least, was this lovely chandie that was on an open outdoor porch that had some shelter. The chandie actually was hanging over a really cool daybed that was all dressed as if you could cuddle up in it for the night. A nice Holiday twist to end the tour!

Before you exit, please drop by Susan's to see the other Outdoor Wednesday fun posts!

~Merci for dropping in...
~CC Catherine


7 comments:

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Hi Catherine!
Thanks for dropping by. Also thank you for the good thoughts regarding Bailey. I have been a bit busy too and haven't had a chance to blog too much lately...sure have missed it! I currently have an antique chandie I found at an estate sale recently. It needs re-wiring and some sprucing up. I found it with all the original crystals too! I am excited to get that project started. Keep ya posted! Hugs!

claudie said...

Bien venu mon amie de GA.
You didn't tell me you sang with your sister at Christmas!! So you work, decorate, take great pics, go to church... and you SING? Son of a gun, I pick good friends : )
I would say I will be your French influence this year my dear CC
Wishing you a week filled with nothing but happiness.
I mean it from all the way here in Canada.
Love You girlfriend.
Love Claudie
xooxox
P.S. Going to visit SIster Lolotte tomorrow for the afternoon. We're getting to use a computer in the convent. I'm going to show her my blog and all my friends blogs. Your top of my list : )
xoxo

Light and Voices said...

Lovely blog!
Joyce M

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

CC that is so cute to have Santa taking a nap in the garden. Beautiful chandeliers. I love them all. Good for you on the singing. Wish I had that talent. Hugs, Marty

SmilingSally said...

I'll bet you and your sister add so much pleasure with your voices, Catherine. I love to hear live music.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

CC, what pretties you've shown. Love a chandelier with bling! And that outdoor setting looks so inviting! (I want to hear you sing! You should put a recording on your blog). laurie

Joyce said...

Now you must sing if you come to my tea:) I have a chandie in the lobby of my building with lots of bling that is lovely but none in my home unfortunately.
Joyce